Sunday, September 2, 2007

Xtreme stupidity

My husband and I are watching a show called Xtreme something or other. The cruxt of the show is video shots of people doing the dumbest crap imaginable. Kids on skateboards or rollerblades, snowboards, you get the picture, doing stuff that inevitably damages them in some way. It's all things that any person with an ounce of self preservation wouldn't even dare to attempt. But, nevertheless, the idiots do these things, and my husband and i are entertained at midnight on a sunday night. I don't know what bothers me more about this show, though, the fact that there are clearly this many idiots on the planet, or the fact that the narrator uses "don't" in place of doesn't, and the word ain't, throughout the whole show.

the other thing that bothers me is the fact that I am desperately afraid that my son Sam is going to be on a show like this one day. The child was born without fear. Unless of course it's bed time, and then he's afraid of the dark, his room, the noises, ghosts, and sleep evidently. He's been launching himself off of the dining room table since before he could walk. One of his favorite games is to push his bed over to the side of his brother's loft bed, and jump off the top. And I cannot even begin to recall the number of times I've fished that child out of the road when he's just taken off at full tilt towards the road.

I have an idea, I'll create my own show. Xtreme Parenting. There will be home videos of all of our wild children. And I'll make sure there is perfect grammar.

No comments: